Thursday, August 13, 2009

Who's in there?



Why do people feel the need to conversate while in the bathroom stall? Sometimes, I can see how a conversation that may have started prior to entering the stall could possibly allow for there to be dialogue while you're....you know..but this morning, I went in to the restroom, and someone immediately walked in and chose the stall next to mine. She then proceeded to ASK "Who's there?"

Why did she ask this? Why is she actively seeking out a conversation in the bathroom? The bathroom stall is one of the few places where I cannot be bothered, don't need to waste time coming up with nonsense conversation. Once she asked the question, what do you say? I responded with, "Uh..it's just me, Sireesha." I should have lied, but in the moment, these ideas didn't come to me.

She then proceeded to ask how my wedding plans were going. Now, just to update you, I was done..you know, and had flushed and was just making sure my button was on properly, so clearly my intent was to wash my hands and get out of there. But I swear to you, she was moving faster just to continue our conversation. I washed my hands (singing happy birthday to make sure all the germies were gone) and she comes out and keeps talking. It was so incredibly awkward that I left with my hands still wet.

PLEASE..do not talk to people in stalls. Once I heard a woman talking to another woman in the stall and one of them let out a big fart. Where do you go from there?

No comments:

Post a Comment